Samsung Galaxy S3 users may be glad to know that recently Samsung pushed the new Android 4.1.2 OTA firmware update for their Galaxy S3 I9300 model. Many of the users may already have updated their device with available update, but we are presenting this article for those readers who find it hard or those who are don’t now anything about this kind of updates, to update their device via OTA.
It is not that you are incapable to understand what an OTA update is or you cannot update your device with this method. But, for convenience we have summed up a manual method to update your device with the new Android 4.1.2 XXELKC firmware.
Features of the Update:
- Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean version JZO54K is the OS.
- Multi-View or Multi-Windows, a feature that has been firstly released for the Galaxy Note 2.
- Page Buddy.
- A revamped Gallery application UI.
- Notification panel with customization support.
- The Brightness Slider in the Notification Panel can be disabled in this new update.
- Smart Rotation.
- Page Artist app and the Group Cast app.
- New Swype-like keyboard that has been demoed in the Android 4.2 OS.
- Multiple enhancements and other small features were also added so that you’ll get the best possible Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Experience.
Read the article carefully to learn how you can update your Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 Officially with Android 4.1.2 XXELKC firmware manually.
Warning: Please carefully understand what you are proceeding with and where it’ll lead you to. Further, neither we nor the developer should be held responsible for any circumstances you face.
Download Odin and Android 4.1.2 XXELKC OTA Update file from here to your computer. Install Odin onto your windows PC and extract the “Android 4.1.2 XXELKC OTA Update” file into a folder onto your desktop.
Procedure to Update Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 Officially to Android 4.1.2 XXELKC OTA Firmware
Step 1: Open Odin and reboot your phone so as to enter it in Download Mode. To do so, when your phone is OFF, press and hold the Volume Down + Home + Power buttons together until the screen turns ON. Then press Volume Up button to confirm your entry into Download Mode.
Step 2: Now, connect your phone to the PC via original USB cable i.e. the cable that came with it.
Step 3: On successful connection of your phone to the PC, you’ll see an “Added!” message in Odin.
Step 4: Now, in Odin click on “PDA” button and then choose the extracted the “.tar.md5” file from your PC you downloaded and extracted earlier.
Step 5: Do not make any other changes in Odin and ensure that the ‘Re-Partition’ option box is not enabled.
Step 6: Now, click on “Start” to begin the installation process. It’ll take few minutes for successful completion.
Step 7: As soon as the installation process has completed successfully you’ll a “PASS” message in Odin and the device will reboot automatically.
Step 8: Unplug your device from the PC safely.
Hurray! You’ve successfully update your Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 Officially to Android 4.1.2 XXELKC, OTA firmware. Share with if you face any consequences, we try to resolve the same.
You Searched for
- extract android ota from device, samsung galaxy s3 original rom ota, android 4 1 2 xxelkc ota update 2013, I9300 update android 4 2 2 official, jz054k i9300 download, manual update os samsumg s3 4 2, note 2 jz054k update cons, original firmware for s3 to get further updates, ota 4 2 2 samsung s3, samsumg glaxys3 9300 firmware တင္နည္း