You must have noticed, many of the Android smartphones with high end specifications and features comes with an internal storage of 1 GB or more are by default divided into two parts, that is the device’s internal storage that store the system files and system files and system apps and the internal SD card that stores the app data and other games which are spacious.
Many a users require more space as their internal for them the option of swapping the memory will be of soul help. You can swap your internal SD card with your external memory card and will be able to take out more space for storing your data internally and will even have more space for storing heavy games, apps and other stuffs which require loads of space.
- The tutorial will work nearly on all Android devices. Devices such as: HTC Amaze 4G, Samsung Galaxy S3, Samsung Galaxy S Plus, Sony Xperia Sola, Sony Xperia Go, Sony Xperia Miro, Micromax A110 and Micromax A56 can easily be swapped.
- Your respective Android device must be rooted and a reliable custom recovery must be installed onto it.
- You must backup all the essential data’s on your phone, it can be done with the help of the recovery installed on your device.
- There should be 60% or more charge with your device. This way you will not face any interruptions during the process.
- Enable USB Debugging in your Verizon Motorola Droid Razr HD from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. The option of USB Debugging should be ticked.
- Download Root Explorer app [Play Store] from here and install it on your respective Android device.
How to Swap Internal and External SD Card/ Memory Card on an Android Device:
Step 1: First of all, copy all the data from your internal SD card to your external SD card.
Step 2: Now, open the file manager that you have installed on your Android device and browse to the location “/system/etc” and you will find a file named “vold.fstab”, just rename this file to “vold.fstab.bak”.
Step 3: Next, download the file from the link given below according to your device and copy it on your SD Card.
- Micromax A110
- Sony Xperia Sola
- HTC Amaze 4G
- Sony Xperia Go
- Sony Xperia Miro
- Samsung Galaxy S3
- Samsung Galaxy S Plus
- Micromax A56
Step 4: When you downloaded the file, just extract the same using “Root Explorer” and copy the new “vold.fstab” file to “/system/etc” and change the permission to “rw-r-r-” bu long pressing on the file.
Now, you will see that your internal SD Card will show the statistics of your external SD Card and vice versa. Do let us know if there is anything which worries you we are here for your help always.
You Searched for
- swap memory android, root external 2 internal sd, how to swap internal and external sd without root, how to swap internal and external sd, how to swap memory in android, how to swap memory cards android, yhsm-imp1, swap memory xperia e, swap internal and external sd, how to swap memory in micromax a116